"Uttering a word is like striking a note on the keyboard of the imagination."
"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be lived."
"The axe forgets; the tree remembers."
"Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it."
"The church was meant to be a hospital for the hurting and the lost, not for the self-righteous and well-dressed."
"I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn’t just that I don’t believe in God and, naturally, hope that I’m right in my belief. It’s that I hope there is no God! I don’t want there to be a God; I don’t want the universe to be like that."
- Professor: Why are you back?
- Rancho: Sir, I forgot to take something...
- Professor: What?
- Rancho: Instruments that record, analyze, summarize, organize, debate and explain information; that are illustrated, non-illustrated, hardbound, paperback, jacketed, non-jacketed; with foreword, introduction, table of contents, index; that are indented for the enlightenment, understanding, enrichment, enhancement and education of the human brain through sensory route of vision - sometimes touch.
- Professor: *confused* What are you trying to say?
- Rancho: Books sir! I forgot to take my books.
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
"The only wealth which you will keep forever is the wealth you have given away."
i was just showing my mom how to paste something into her text message on her phone and i was like “double tap in the the text box” “the text box” “the text box” and she was just pointing to random places on her screen that weren’t the text box and all i could think of was